Beginner Guitar Lessons
We offer one-on-one guitar lessons for all ages, from beginners to advanced levels which are usually scheduled for half an hour once a week
Lessons are fun and help children to develop artistic creativity and enhance performance skills and confidence.
Intermediate and Advanced Guitar Lessons
If you are an intermediate level student we are more than happy to assist you with your goals in learning guitar. Our teachers are highly qualified and industry experienced. Whether you are preparing for the exams or just want to sharpen your skills we are here for you to help you achieve your goals.
Adult guitar Lessons
It is never too late to start learning an instrument. It is an excellent hobby and entertainment. Even if you are retired and have never played guitar but you feel you would like to give it a try, you absolutely CAN.
AMEB Exam Preparation
We constantly prepare our students for AMEB exams. Our teachers make sure all the requirements to pass the grade are fulfilled and the student is fully ready to undertake the exams.
The Australian Music Examination board (AMEB) is an independent organisation that examines students against a graded course of their own design.
- Exams are held twice yearly, towards the middle and the end of each year.
- The exact date (inconveniently) is only given 3 weeks before the exam.
- A complete beginner will generally take between 1-2 years of study before being competent enough to sit their first (Preliminary) exam.
- A practical examination does NOT only examine how well a student plays the instrument but rather the progress of a student in a holistic musical sense.
- The purpose of exams is to develop and acquire certain skills. There is no point in sitting an exam unless these skills are demonstrated. Therefore to sit an exam just for the purpose of moving to the next stage without the skills demonstrated is pointless.
- Sitting an exam unprepared or having to cram at the last minute is a deeply traumatic experience for most people.
- Exams are not internationally recognised, although they may carry some weight with schools and scholarships.
- Exams should be seen as a reward for work already done.