Classes are conducted during school terms: (does not apply to adult students)
PIANO AND GUITAR LESSON FEES
Fee are payable a month in advance on the first lesson of each month. Fees are payable in cash or bank transfer. If you prefer to pay by bank transfer, please advise the teacher. Please quote student’s full name as a reference upon the transaction.
Once the student is ready to undertake exams the teacher will advise the parents (student). Exam fees are determined by Australian Music Examination Board and will be advised by the teacher. Exam fees are payable to the teacher. All enrolment forms are submitted to AMEB by the teacher.
Lesson and homework books must be purchased from the teacher. Any additional photocopies handed out during lessons are free. All AMEB exam books are available at any music stores.
- Minimum 24 hours notification of absence is required.
- Make up Lessons are not offered for lessons cancelled the same day.
- Same day cancellations will not be refunded and make up lessons are not offered.
- Make up Lesson time will be arranged during the next school holidays or Saturday, depending on teacher’s availability.
- Scheduled lessons missed by the teacher will be made up or money will be refunded.
RECITALS (Piano and Guitar)
Yearly piano and guitar recitals are conducted to showcase students’ achievements. Recital fees are payable a week before the recital. Dates are to be advised by the teacher closer to the recital.
Student must have a quiet place to practice away from family distractions (TV, siblings, etc.). Check that the lighting is adequate and that the student is sitting at the piano at the correct height (forearms parallel to the floor) with feet supported. Supervised practice is highly recommended for all elementary students. Recommended minimum practice time is as follows:
- Young beginners: at the discretion of parents (5-10 min a day, 4 days a week)
- Beginners: 15-20 min a day 5 days a week
- Junior High Students: 20-40 min a day 5 days a week
- High School Students: 40-60 min a day 5 days a week